Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sustainability Visit!

ME AT THE FARMERS MARKET VVVV!



Interview Transcript:

Do you think you are educated on the foods you eat?

response#1: yes, I think I am somewhat educated on food because I have attended multiple health classes and I try to stay trim.
response#2: no, I think I could be more educated on products I eat but I don't have much of a will power when it comes to cookies and brownies
response#3: yes, I believe that I am educated in the products I eat because I try to filter out foods with high levels of glucose from my diet.

What is your favorite grocery store?

response#1: I like to shop at Albertson's because its close to my house and I know that I am getting decent products even if it isn't supporting the local living economy.
response#2: I usually go to the farmers market for more of my fresher foods because I don't trust industrial stores like Von's or Albertson's to give me the best products.
response#3: The Earth!

Do you own or have you ever owned a garden?

response#1: yes, I grown tomatoes, lettuce, basil, and strawberries all from my backyard.
response#2: no, I just come here (farmers market) to buy most of my fruits and veggies.
response#3: yes, I used to own a garden but when I moved out to San Diego I just never got the time to start re growing one.

1. What struck you about the location you visited?

The location I visited was very pact full of people. I didn't expect so many people to be interested in the local living economy, but I was wrong. People from all over San Diego reach out in order to take part in this event every Wednesday.

2. Do you think you will start attending the Farmers Market?

Yes, I have been attending on a regular basis for quite a while. I usually make it about once a month but I think that I will start to go more and more often as I continue learning more about the local living economy through this project.

3. Do these places fit into our essential questions?

Yes, these place definitely help San Diegans live more sustainably. I think that through my project I have created an ad campaign targeted toward a great place and I definitely think that i chose a great cause to help. These places are perfect for a great example of how easy it is to grow fruits and veggies within your community!

1 comment:

Claire Anne said...

I totally agreed with you when you mentioned how you wanted to start coming more often because we have been learning about and continue to learn about, how it helps the economy and the earth. If I hadn't learned those things, I probably wouldn't go as often as I do.