Thursday, May 7, 2009

this I believe




This I believe is an incorporation which carries many intriguing stories. After looking through there official website, I found many stories in which I could relate to. However, one story in particular definitely stood out to me.


Kendra Jones' how to survive life's test really left an impression on me. I think that the reason in which I feel I can realate to her is because I too feel that living a strong, tough, steeliness life is what really pulls you through. Since I was born, I was raised in day care. My parents both worked full time and had to travel the world while I was young. I believe that being rasied as a day care baby you learn an important ethic called survival of the fittest. What I mean by this is that if you put everyone before yourself, you're going to end up last. And while it may be important to be self sacrificial, that will get you no where in life.


However, on the contray, I feel in disagreement with Kendra. Although you should be strong, you dont have to be mean to push yourself to the top. You can be aggressive and assertive, but dont eliminate your competitors for your own sake. While day care may have taught me to be aggressive, it never taught me to be hurtful.

No comments: